Won't you consider registering with our site? You can unlock more features of the site, leave comments and even elect to receive our "Weekly Shoveling" - a summary of all the coolest stories added each week!
It's totally free and takes a few seconds. We don't give out your e-mail or personal information to anybody! Try it!
As the American people ask if the Republican party has lost their freakin minds in the wake of protesting a law that's been legal for several years yet set to take effect this week. Their bluff of shutting down the government this week reveals that perhaps, they've already shut the government down and nobody noticed? Here's an incredibly insightful piece on just what's been going on in Washington over the last 4+ years...
Daily KOS has some additional interesting tidbits:
Things you gotta believe to be a Republican today
* Sending racy Tweets and pictures of yourself to a woman you aren't married to is a much more serious crime than being a "pro-life" congressman who makes your wife and your mistress get abortions.
* Michelle Bachmann, Louie Gohmert, Alan West, Todd Akin, Joe Walsh, Ted Cruz, and Steve Stockman are intelligent, rational human beings.
* You decry your party's reputation as "the stupid party" while approving legislation to have creationism taught in science class.
* Willard Mitt Rmoney lost the election because he wasn't conservative enough.
* The fact that business leaders can throw hundreds of millions of dollars at Karl Rove and other SuperPACs to try and buy the election doesn't mean they can also afford to pay their employees living wages with good benefits.
* Obamacare is the reason your hours are being cut and your pay is not going up; the CEO's $15 million bonus has nothing to do with it.
* Gun ownership is a right. Heath care is a privilege. If a kids die because of treatable cancer or a nutcase gunning them down, oh well.
* You support drug testing of welfare recipients, but oppose criminal background checks and mental health screening of gun buyers.
* The First Amendment shouldn't apply to TV, radio, video games, or the Internet because those things didn't exist in 1787. The Second Amendment applies to automatic rifles and anti-personnel ammunition even though those things didn't exist in 1787.
* You scream for federal disaster aid when your state catches fire or drowns in a hurricane, but when it happens somewhere else in the country you vote against federal disaster aid.
* A guy who once shot his friend in the face, possibly while being roaring drunk at the time, has the moral authority to speak out in opposition to gun control.
* Germany gets more sunlight than California.
* $250,000 a year is "poor", but the federal minimum wage is too high.
* Actually allowing black people to vote is "racial entitlement"
* You're a Birther who likes the idea of Ted Cruz running for President.
Posted by oldandgrumpy on 2013-10-08 15:03:27
The end game for the Republican donors is the complete neutering of the federal government's ability to tax and regulate business. We have to remember that what seems perfectly insane to us is just a step toward making government dysfunctional, and therefore, a positive. Republicans will break whatever they get their hands on in government so they can point to the broken stuff and run on "government doesn't work". Is there any question that they, the masters of marketing and business, have chosen to attract the most dysfunctional segments of our population, both as supporters and as elected minions of business?
America will always have the government it deserves. What we are seeing is simply the demise of the only thing that has stood between the wealthy and the world domination they desire over the last two centuries. They never gave up and passed the torch down to every generation. Victory will be theirs if we can't find some way to reverse the anti intellectual movement that has become the center of conservatism.
Pursuant to Section 230 of Title 47 of the United States Code (47 USC § 230), BSAlert is a user-contributed editorial web site and does not endorse any specific content, but merely acts as a "sounding board" for the online community. Any and all quoted material is referenced pursuant to "Fair Use" (17 U.S.C. § 107). Like any information resource, use your own judgement and seek out the facts and research and make informed choices.
Powered by Percleus (c) 2005-2047 - Content Management System